I have made these donuts twice in the last month and have loved them both times.
They are super easy and delicious with a side of some dairy free fruit ice cream from Fiasco Gelato.
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup pitted dates ( make sure they are still
1 cup of cashews or other nut ( Soaked for atleast 4 hours in water before using)
1/8 teaspoon of salt ( himalayan preferred)
2 tablespoons water
- In the second batch I also added a little bit of bran, and chia seeds
4 tablespoons of coconut oil
4 tablespoons maple syrup
1/4 teaspoon of vanilla
4 tablespoons coconut flakes
- In the second batch I did, I also made a second glaze- It started with the same 3 ingredients as the first glaze but I added about 30 Dark Chocolate chips to make them chocolate covered
1. Put all the dough ingredients in a food processor and crush until well mixed together
2. Roll into whatever sizes you would like to ear - I did small two bit size donuts
3. Put in the freezer for 15-20 minutes
4. In a sauce pan melt the coconut oil with the maple syrup and vanilla - and chocolate if you choose to add these- make sure you whisk them together very well.
5. Pull them out of the freezer and roll them in glaze. You may want to turn off the heat or have it on very low while you do this
6. Pop them back in the freezer until the glaze is hard
6. repeat step 5 until you are happy with the glaze to donut ratio - If you have turned off the heat you will likely need to re-heat to whisk together again before re-rolling
7. If you like, add a coating or just pair with your favorite ice cream and enjoy!