Minty Salad rolls & Spicy Peanut Sauce
Minty Salad Rolls and Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce This recipe is very easy but a little bit time consuming because of prep. Ingredients in Salad Rolls:
1 Medium Red Pepper
1 cup shredded sweet potato
1 cup shredded carrot
1 cup shredded beet
1 cup shredded spinach
1/2 Medium Cucumber
1/2 cup cooked quinoa
A couple sprigs of Mint - I used about 4 leaves in each wrap
Normally I would have added sprouts and avocado as well but I didn't have any and was trying to use up stuff in the fridge. You can also add tofu, shrimp or another kind of protein if you choose. The above made 13 very large salad rolls. They can keep in the fridge but must be covered and don't let them touch Prep: 1. Cook the quinoa - you want it to be cooled when you put it in the paper.
- To cook put 1/2 cup in a pot and add 1 cup of water, bring to a boil and then let simmer until soft. 2. Shred and cut all the veggies and have them set out.
3. Put water in a Pan and let it come to a boil then turn it onto a simmer 4. Dip the rice paper (2-3 seconds) in the water then put on a plate (do not do multiple papers at once and put on top of each other they will all stick together)
5. about 2 inches from one of the corners - start to put a couple of teaspoons of each ingredient into the rice paper in a pile. - I always put the red pepper and cucumber on the side away from the corner I am using so that it kind of holds in all the other ingredients when wrapping
6. Roll the wraps tightly folding in the left and right side before getting to the end of the wrap at the top.
7. Do it again until your out of filling
Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce
This took me a very long time to find a recipe I liked and that worked because the sauce is such a personal taste - weather you like it spicy or not, etc. So, here is the result of many failed experiments. 1/3 cup of your favorite peanut butter ( smooth or Crunchy is fine)
1-2 teaspoon sesame oil
1-2 teaspoon garlic chili paste
1-2 teaspoon maple syrup
1-2 teaspoon lemon juice
1-2 teaspoon Tamari Soya
On top I garnished with hemp hearts, chia seeds and ground flax seeds to add extra protein. I started by adding the peanut butter and 1/3 cup of water together with 1 Teaspoon of each of the other ingredients together. I added another 1/3 cup water and teaspoon of each ingredient to get the texture and consistency I like as well as the spiciness I like. I really like spicy food- so, if your not a big fan of spice, I would recommend starting with 1/2 a teaspoon and adding from there.