Cauliflower Black Bean Salsa Burrito Stuffing
- 1 head of cauliflower riced ( you can buy it riced or use a food processor)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 white onion
- 2 bell peppers
- Large can of Black beans
- Large can of chick peas
- taco seasoning to taste ( about 1/4-1/2 a cup)
- Jar or fresh salsa (16 oz or more)
- 12 large tortillas
- 4 cups (shredded) of your favorite dairy free cheese
- Avocado - vegan sour cream
1. rice your cauliflower, easiest is to pulse it in a food processor, but you can use a grater as well
2. Put some oil in a pan and cook the onions til they are your desired color, after about 5 minutes ( medium-high heat) add in the bell peppers - they will need about another 5 minutes depending on how you like your veggies cooked.
3. Add cauliflower rice, taco seasoning, corn, black beans and chick peas to heat with the onions and peppers. Cook for 10-15 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes before assembly
4. This is optional - Mix 1/2 the salsa into the filling. Add more per your taste preference.
5. Assemble your burritos
You can pre-assemble these and freeze them as well. They will stay good in the freezer for up to 3 months. I just put the filling in the freezer and will get fresh tortillas when I want to eat it.